This message contains links to products of our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are our own and have not been reviewed by any of the issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- The Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card now comes with an elevated welcome bonus offer.
- New cardholders can earn 2 reward nights (each worth up to $125) after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening and a third reward night (worth up to to $125) after spending $4,000 in total purchases within the first 6 months from account opening.
- This no-annual-fee card offers great perks, including cell phone protection and travel insurance.
- Read the Insider’s guide to the best hotel credit cards.
Most major hotel chains, such as Hilton and Marriott, offer their own co-branded credit cards. These might make sense if you’re loyal to a particular brand, but if you tend to stay at independent properties or mixed hotels when traveling, you’re probably better off with a card that earns rewards you can use. at just about any hotel.
The Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card is an option, and there’s a new reason to give it a new look. For a limited time, you can earn a high welcome bonus offer of 2 reward nights (each worth up to $125) after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening the account and a third reward night (worth up to $125) after spending $4,000 on total purchases within the first 6 months of account opening. Since each reward night is worth up to $125 (before taxes and fees), you could potentially receive up to $375 in bonus value.
For a card with no annual fee, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card also offers decent perks. But before you decide to apply for the card, there are a few caveats to keep in mind. Here’s what you need to know.
We focus here on the rewards and benefits that come with each card. These cards aren’t worth it if you’re paying interest or late fees. When using a credit card, it’s important to pay off your balance in full each month, make your payments on time, and only spend what you can afford.
Hotels.com Rewards Visa offer: Earn up to 3 reward nights
16.49% – 24.49% variable
Recommended credit score
good to excellent
16.49% – 24.49% variable
Recommended credit score
good to excellent
- Earn reward nights without worrying about complex hotel loyalty programs
- No annual fees and no foreign currency conversion fees
- Automatic Silver Membership which includes VIP benefits as long as your card remains open
- Rewards are only valid for hotel reward nights
- No bonus reward categories
Read our review
- Limited time offer! Get 3 reward nights worth a total of $375 (max. $125 per night)* with qualifying purchases. Get 2 reward nights worth a total of $250 (max. $125 per night)*, when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, get another reward night worth $125 when you spend $4,000 in total purchases in the first 6 months. *Excluding taxes and fees. If a night costs less than $125, you won’t get the difference.
- Collect 1 stamp for every $500 you spend on purchases with your card and collect 1 stamp for every night spent at an eligible property booked on Hotels.com. When you collect 10 stamps, you get 1 reward night to redeem on future bookings through Hotels.com.
- Choose from over 500,000 properties in over 200 countries around the world.
- $0 annual fee.
- Enjoy Silver membership exclusives like free breakfast, airport transfers, free Wi-Fi and more at select locations while your card is open.
- Pay your monthly cell phone bill with your card and get up to $600 in protection against damage or theft (subject to a $25 deductible).
- No foreign currency conversion fees.
- Offers refund of non-refundable passenger fare if your trip is interrupted or canceled for a covered reason, when your passenger fare is booked with your card.
The welcome offer to earn 2 reward nights (each worth up to $125) after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening and a third reward night (value up to $125) after spending $4,000 in total purchases in the first 6 months from account opening is a bargain. You’ll have the ability to redeem your reward nights at more than 500,000 properties worldwide through Hotels.com, including popular brands, boutique hotels, all-inclusive resorts and vacation villas.
Keep in mind that if you redeem a reward night at a hotel that costs less than $125, you will not be refunded the difference and will still be required to pay taxes and fees; if the property costs more than $125, you can still use the reward night, but you’ll have to make up the difference (plus taxes and fees) in cash.
Beyond the elevated welcome offer, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card earns “stamps” that you can redeem for reward nights through Hotels.com. The earning structure is simple: for every $500 you spend on purchases with the card, you will receive a stamp, and when you reach 10 stamps, you will receive a reward night.
You also collect a sticker for each night you stay on Hotels.com. This is where it gets a bit tricky because the reward nights you earn this way are based on the average value of the 10 stamps you redeem. Each stamp you earn by spending with your Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card is assigned a value of $110, and Hotels.com nights stamps are assigned the value of that stay (before taxes and fees) .
Here is an example. Suppose you earn 10 stamps as follows:
- By spending $2,500 on your Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card: Earn five stamps worth $110 each
- Stay two nights at a Hotels.com property for $150 per night (before taxes and fees): Win two stamps worth $150 each
- Stay three nights at a Hotels.com property that costs $200 per night (before taxes and fees): Earn three stamps worth $200 each
In total, you will have won 10 stamps with an average value of $145, so you can redeem your reward night for a hotel that costs up to that amount, again before taxes and fees.
Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit cardholders can also access a range of benefits, some not often seen on a card with no annual fee, including:
- Mobile phone protection
- Car rental insurance (secondary)
- Travel accident insurance
- Hotels.com Silver Elite status
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Roadside Expedition
- No foreign transaction fees
Here’s our full Hotels.com credit card review with all the details.
The Hotels.com Rewards program is not for everyone
Hotels.com is great if you’re not picky about brands and don’t collect points with a particular chain. But beware, because this is a third-party site, you won’t earn hotel points or elite night credits for your stays. And if you already have status with a chain, there’s no guarantee you’ll receive elite perks when you book your stay this way.
For this reason, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card is only really worth it for certain types of travelers. In particular, if you’re drawn to independent hotels or boutiques that don’t have a loyalty program, this can be a great way to earn rewards that you typically wouldn’t receive if you booked direct.
It’s also important to consider the rate of return you’ll get for spending with the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card. You effectively earn a hotel stay worth $110 (before taxes and fees) for every $5,000 you spend on the card, or a 2.2% rate of return on your spend.
Depending on your typical spend, you might do better by using a cash back card with no annual fee, some of which offer bonus categories of up to 6% cash back. And you can redeem cash rewards for anything, not just hotel stays.
Be sure to read our guides to the best cash back credit cards and travel rewards credit cards to find the card that best suits your travel and spending habits.